Sunday, February 25, 2007

Keane - A Bad Dream (USB Single) + my little Keane collection

I was lucky enough to catch this on sale at HMV a couple weeks ago. I ordered one and got it in the post a week later. This was exciting for me since it is limited, and I happened to catch it still on sale (it's sold out now). I got number 658 out of 1500 (or it might be 2000, I forgot). :D It has the video and single version for "A Bad Dream", "Enjoy the Silence", and the "Luna-C Bangin' Mix" for the single. There was also a competition to the Wembley show in London. I entered it even though I can't fly over to London.. ^^; The USB memory stick is so tiny, and I'm afraid that I'll break it. I haven't used it much anyway.. It has a capacity of 256 MB, but I think the USB single for "Nothing In My Way" has 512.. :( It also came with a cool, shiny wristband. I looped the string on the wristband to the memory stick so I wouldn't lose it. :P Another nice collectible for my small Keane collection. :D


Some other collectible Keane items I have are two other singles:

- Is It Any Wonder?
- This Is The Last Time

I bought these two singles when I went to Tower Records one day... I begged my mom to get these since there was a "buy 4 get the 5th free" deal on anything in the store. So I bought all the Keane singles they had (the above two). I knew they were collectible especially since we don't have singles here in the US, so I'm glad I got them. They surely would've sold out if I didn't buy them right at that time!

- Here's a picture of my copies.





Also, I went to the Virgin Megastore gig on June 20, 2006 for their release of Under The Iron Sea. I bought the album and it came with a limited edition lithograph of the band and the album artwork (mine's number 2844! :D). They had some of the "Is It Any Wonder?" artwork, but I couldn't get one. :/

The lithographs I got:

Oh yes, I also got the advertisement that stood out in front of the store, as well as a window sticker of that same poster.. :P

This Virgin Megastore gig was during the halftime of the World Cup game between England and Sweden. I had no idea it was being filmed for ESPN. It's nice to have the actual boys to look at instead of just their album or single artwork.. XD

That thing in the bottom left corner is talking about how tickets were already sold out for their real gig that was the next day. I didn't get to go, unfortunately...




The best part of my little collection is what I got at the concert I attended last month. Yes, I met them and got their autographs! I'm excited that I got two versions of Tim's signature too (one is just "Tim" and the other is his full name "Tim Rice-Oxley")! :D My mom got my CD sleeve signed and I got the back of an extra copy of my drawing (that I gave to them) signed.. :P Extra bonus: Tim and Rich used my Sharpie to sign my stuff!!! XD Rich actually asked me to borrow it to sign everyone's stuff too. ^^















Well, that's all the collectible Keane memorabilia I have. :D I look forward to adding to this collection, but I am already very happy with it now! ^_^

2 comments:

the dangerous ellie. said...

o my gee.

keane, keane, keane!

it's hysterical, I could die. :)

end of rave.


I'll link ye. <3 http://floatwithairandangels.wordpress.com


--Layla, aka. rainandstars @ LJ. :)

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.