Wednesday, June 20, 2007

MIKA @ THE AVALON - JUNE 8, 2007

Seeing Mika live is probably one of the most fun and exhilarating concert experiences you can ever go to!!! My gosh, he's good!

I had already seen him before at the Troubadour, but this one was on a much bigger scale. I was still surprised this time around. *g* He sang more songs, including two covers of The Eurythmics and The Jackson 5. I loved that he sang Any Other World and Happy Ending too, since he didn't at the Troubadour. Lollipops were given to the audience before the show started by lollipop girls..

Mika is an amazing performer, always jumping around on stage and interacting with his band. They are all so cute as they look like they're having so much fun together. :D Love Today was one of the highlights of the show. A garbage can was brought out and Mika had an awesome drum solo with it at the end. OMG, before that, he climbed onto the drummer's drum set and played some of her drums first. Then he proceeded to dance on the kick drum. Then he jumped off! Then HE TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT! Then he bashed at the garbage can with his drum sticks. I had a nice view of his butt, and everyone was screaming like crazy, including me. XD OMG, what an awesome sight. *g*

Next was Grace Kelly and unfortunately Mika put on another shirt. :P Then they all ran off the stage to get ready for the grand finale. They all marched out in animal costumes again! :D All but Cherisse (the drummer) were in different animal suits than the Troubadour gig. The drummer was a bunny again, the guitarist was a deer, the bassist was a panther, the pianist was a koala, and Mika was a chicken! XD Then Lollipop!! :D Bubbles were projected into the audience from a bubble machine, giant balloons fell and bounced on the audience, and confetti blasted out of tubes in front of me! Big girls and lollipop girls came out to dance on stage with the band too. WHEEE!! SO FUN!!! XD

I was SO LUCKY to have been able to meet Mika again this time. It was so easy to meet him last time because the security was lax about it and Mika just came down in front of the stage. This time the security forced everyone without a backstage pass out. I WAS SO LUCKY to have gotten one.. out of pure LUCK! I gave him a drawing I drew while I waited in line and a quick/messy letter I wrote right before I met him. He was so nice again, but this time he seemed more tired. :( I felt bad because he seemed EXHAUSTED. So I felt even more blessed to have met him. Aww, I love Mika! ♥

OMG, I SO have to go whenever he comes back!! X) Sorry if this review doesn't seem like I was that excited.. I've been busy with graduation and have been dead tired from all the craziness over the past two weeks. This concert was one of the most FUN experiences I've ever had, right up there with my first Keane concert!! O_O

Here are just a few pictures I took. I couldn't get very many good shots because most of them came out blurry! Mika moves too quickly for my camera. :P

Big Girl You Are Beautiful!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On the piano :D
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mika's sexy dance moves ;)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

LOLLIPOP
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And some videos from YouTube... Credit goes to the original uploader (okeastron) of these FANTASTIC videos as usual!

Relax (Take It Easy)

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

I Want You Back

Any Other World

Sweet Dreams

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop


Hope you enjoyed!! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mika is the best....
he is so hot and sexy...
his voice is unique...