Wednesday, November 28, 2007

TRAVIS @ THE WILTERN - 11/21/07 + @ HOUSE OF BLUES - 11/24/07

Eek! It's already been almost a week since all that excitement?! OMG, Travis are one of the best live bands around!!! The three times I have seen them this year have made up the happiest moments of my life. Going to a Travis gig will definitely turn a gloomy day into a sunny and warm one. With their lovely tunes and generosity to fans, it's hard not to love this Scottish band.

Opening for Travis was Maximo Park. I had only heard a few of their songs before, but didn't think much of them. However, singer and frontman Paul Smith gave an impressive performance! He sings and dances with fervor and energy. It's hard to take your eyes off him while he's on stage. They were excellent, and I liked some of the songs they performed that I hadn't heard before.

Travis came on stage in the most creative way. XD It started out with the 20th Century Fox theme and some guys on stage shined the spotlights into the audience. Then Fran, Dougie, Andy, Neil, and Klaus ran through the audience in boxing robes while the Rocky theme song was playing. Haha, amazing!!! Soon after getting on the stage, they started out with "Selfish Jean". Loved it!!

They played fewer of their new songs compared to the Henry Fonda show in April, but they played a lot of old favorites including more from 12 Memories. It was wonderful to hear "The Humpty Dumpty Love Song" too. ♥ Fran did another unplugged solo, but sang "20" instead of "Flowers In The Window". That was magical and when they performed "Flowers In The Window" together, it was so adorable! They were all performing together like a close family. :D Seeing them interact with each other and connecting with the audience puts a huge smile on my face. :) I made a "Be My Baby" sign because I love their cover of it, and Dougie saw it. He mouthed "aww" and smiled. ^_^ Dougie totally makes the night magical by connecting with the audience like that. :D I've never sang or screamed as much as at a Travis gig! XD I sang along to almost every song and my voice hurt afterwards. :P

At the House of Blues show in Anaheim, they played four extra songs for their encore! These extras included "Battleships"♥, "Hit Me Baby One More Time", "Three Times And You Lose", and "Blue Flashing Light". Awesome!!! They performed song after song almost non-stop without very many breathers! O_O I stood right in front of Fran nearer to Andy this time. For Fran's solo, he stood right over me! *g* It was adorable to see Andy smile at the audience singing along too. X) Wow, I had such a blast at both shows. I am so glad I went to both!!!

I just met them after the first show, but it was fantastic as usual. They are so incredibly nice, and I am grateful for their kindness. I gave another drawing to Fran, and he remembered the one I gave to him last time and he said he still has it in his home. O___O OMG, I love them so much! I show my love and appreciation for them, and it's so pleasant to get that in return from the band you love. ^_^ Dougie was smashing again, almost squeezing me to death with bear hugs. :P Andy winked at me!!! *DIES* There were too many people when Neil came out since he came out early. x_x I also met Paul and took a picture with him. He is so cute and nice as well! Sigh, it is always worth it to wait for them, no matter how long it takes. They make me so happy. ♥!!!

A few of my pictures from The Wiltern show:
Marquee
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Maximo Park
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Nice lighting
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Awww, Closer! :D
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Flowers In The Window ^_^
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please no stealing these!! Thanks! :]

Some videos from The Wiltern show!!! Thanks to okeastron for uploading these fantastic videos!!
Maximo Park

Entrance + Selfish Jean

The Beautiful Occupation

Sing

20

Flowers In The Window

Why Does It Always Rain On Me?


Stupid House of Blues didn't allow cameras, so no pictures or videos from there.. ><

Seeing Travis live has been magical!!! ♥!!!

No comments: