Sunday, December 3, 2006

New! with Doctor Who and Torchwood reviews

Hello! Michelle here, bringing you reviews and updates about the things I love. Let's start out with Doctor Who and Torchwood (note it's an anagram of Doctor Who)!

I have just seen The Satan Pit last night again. I LOVE that episode and its counterpart episode, The Impossible Planet. For me, it was the most suspenseful and the best story in season two so far. I loved the interactions between the Doctor and Rose, and the Ood were cute. It's even better than most sci-fi movies when you watch both episodes together!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also heard the soundtrack for the series, and it is GREAT! I love the exciting rush I get from listening to the songs - it's like I'm watching the episode again (kind of)! I wish it had some music that was in the series, but I didn't hear it in the soundtrack. Maybe I missed it since I haven't listened to the whole thing...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Torchwood is the spin-off of Doctor Who with Captain Jack Harkness and his new team of Torchwood 3 or something.. I forgot what number it is. x__x Anyway, it's a lot more of an adult show; whereas Doctor Who is family friendly, Torchwood is definitely not. It's got a lot more bad language, sex, violence, and gore... The characters that make up the rest of Captain Jack's team are Gwen (a former police woman), Owen (the doc of the team), Tosh (the tech genius), and Ianto (their receptionist and butler). I like Ianto because he's like me: shy/doesn't talk much, does stuff for other people.. even though he's emo. I like the angst. :P I haven't seen an episode I really like yet, but I can't wait to see the last one. Maybe Countrycide was my favorite so far. It was quite scary and everyone had an equal role, especially Ianto. He doesn't show up nearly enough in the other episodes except for Cyberwoman... Well, I leave you now with a picture from Countrycide.. ;) Until next time, the next update on a movie, show, artist, or actor.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: